Mixmag by Harrison Williams
April 25, 2017
Sasha’s ambient album ‘Scene Delete’ will be transformed into a remix album by a collection of artists that includes Matthew Dear, Kiasmos, Max Cooper and more.
The original project, which was inspired by Nils Frahm, Max Richter and Steve Reich, was released in April 2016 and features an atmospheric essence. Now the material is given new life with a diverse collection of interpretations.
Also featured in the release are remixes by Christian Löffler, Plaid, Rival Consoles, Throwing Snow, Stet, Colin Benders, Skanna and Sasha himself with a beatless mix of his track ‘Pontiac’.
Sasha has also announced he will take ‘Scene Delete’ to the big stage, performing at two sold out shows at London’s Barbican Centre in May. The artist will be joined by a chamber ensemble to perform the material as one piece, which will be followed by new interpretations of music from across his career.
‘Scene Delete : The Remixes’ will be released May 19 via Late Night Tales. View the complete tracklist below.
01. Detour (Eat Lights Become Lights Remix) *
02. Shelter (Christian Loffler Remix)
03. Bring On The Night-time (Stet Remix) *
04. Channel Deq (Max Cooper Remix)
05. Vapour Trails (Kiasmos Remix)
06. Abacus (Plaid Remix)
07. Pontiac (Sasha Beatless Remix) *
08. View 2 (Colin Benders Remix) *
09. Cassette Sessions D (Throwing Snow Remix) *
10. Cassette Sessions E (Rival Consoles Remix)
11. Pontiac (Matthew Dear Remix)
12. Rooms (Skanna Remix) *
* = unreleased
Check out the original article here: http://mixmag.net/read/sasha-enlists-matthew-dear-kiasmos-max-cooper-and-more-for-scene-delete-remixes-news